About the Pilot Program
Leadership Southern Maryland’s Emerging Leader (LEAP) program provides educational programming opportunities to new or emerging leaders in our region. Through a series of six “experiences”, young leaders will facilitate, foster, and refine their individual leadership understanding and abilities via structured course curriculum and a focus on self-discovery, teamwork, and networking.
Who Should Apply
The class size for LEAP will be limited to 25 participants and candidates must be nominated by a LSM Executive Program Alumni or Graduate to be considered. Applicants will be selected based on the information provided in the application.
Applicants must live OR work in Calvert, Charles, or St. Mary’s County and:
- Be at least 21 years or over
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience
- Demonstrate level of community involvement
- Have full support of the organization the applicant represents
Candidates accepted into this pilot program will be expected to fully participate in each of the six “experiences” generally from 8:00am until 5:00pm. In addition, service projects will be completed outside of classroom hours.
Class of 2020 Experience Dates
- January 17, 2020: Orientation: What Makes a Leader? Session
- February 21, 2020: Mentorship, Diversity, and Team Building Session
- March 20, 2020: Communication and the Multi-Generational Workplace Session
- April 17, 2020: Ethics and Stewardship Session
- May 15, 2020: Resiliency, Conflict, and Change Management Session
- June 19: Capstone and Graduation Session
There are no information sessions planned at this time. Please check back later.
How to Apply
Applications for LEAP will be accepted through the Leadership Southern Maryland website until September 30, 2019. There is a non-refundable application fee of $125.
Tuition for each participant is $1,750 by check or $1,950 by credit card. Applicants may secure the sponsorship of a business/organization to pay the tuition. Payment plans are available and arrangements may be made with the LSM office.
Pay for LSM LEAP Tuition