About the Pilot Program
Leadership Southern Maryland’s Emerging Leader (LEAP) program provides educational programming opportunities to new or emerging leaders in our region. Through a series of six “experiences”, young leaders will facilitate, foster, and refine their individual leadership understanding and abilities via structured course curriculum and a focus on self-discovery, teamwork, and networking.
Who Should Apply
The class size for LEAP will be limited to 25 participants and candidates must be nominated by a LSM Executive Program Alumni or Graduate to be considered. Applicants will be selected based on the information provided in the application.
Applicants must live OR work in Calvert, Charles, or St. Mary’s County and:
- Be at least 21 years or over
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience
- Demonstrate level of community involvement
- Have full support of the organization the applicant represents
Candidates accepted into this pilot program will be expected to fully participate in each of the six “experiences” generally from 8:00am until 5:00pm. In addition, service projects will be completed outside of classroom hours.
Class of 2020 Experience Dates
- January: Orientation: What Makes a Leader?
- February: Mentorship, Diversity, and Team Building
- March: Communication and the Multi-Generational Workplace
- April: Ethics and Stewardship
- May: Resiliency, Conflict, and Change Management
- June: Capstone and Graduation
Monday, September 16, 2019, 5:30 pm -Southern Community Center, 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby
Monday, September 23, 2019, 5:30 pm – United Way Charles County, 10250 La Plata Road, La Plata
How to Apply
Applications for LEAP will be accepted through the Leadership Southern Maryland website until September 30, 2019. There is a non-refundable application fee of $125.
Tuition for each participant is $1,750 by check or $1,950 by credit card. Applicants may secure the sponsorship of a business/organization to pay the tuition. Payment plans are available and arrangements may be made with the LSM office.
Pay for LSM LEAP Tuition