About the Pilot Program
Leadership Southern Maryland’s Emerging Leaders (LEAP) program provides educational programming opportunities to new or emerging leaders in our region. Through a series of six “experiences”, young leaders will facilitate, foster, and refine their individual leadership understanding and abilities via structured course curriculum and a focus on self-discovery, teamwork, and networking.
Who Should Apply
The class size for LEAP will be limited to 25 participants and candidates must be nominated by an LSM Executive Program Alumni or Graduate to be considered. Applicants will be selected based on the information provided in the application.
Applicants must live OR work in Calvert, Charles, or St. Mary’s County and:
- Be 21 years old or over
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience
- Demonstrate a level of community involvement
- Have full support of the organization the applicant represents
Candidates accepted into this pilot program will be expected to fully participate in each of the six “experiences” generally from 8:30am until 5:00pm. In addition, service projects will be completed outside of classroom hours. Attendance is expected at all LEAP program sessions, those who miss more than one (1) program day (8 total hours) will be ineligible to complete the program and will forfeit their tuition.
Class of 2020 Experience Dates
- January 17, 2020: Orientation
- February 21, 2020: Mentorship, Diversity, and Team Building Session
- March 20, 2020: Communication and the Multi-Generational Workplace Session
- April 17, 2020: Ethics and Stewardship Session
- May 15, 2020: Resiliency, Conflict, and Change Management Session
- June 19: Capstone and Graduation Session
There are no information sessions planned at this time. Please check back later.
How to Apply
Applications for LEAP will be accepted through the Leadership Southern Maryland website. There is a non-refundable application fee of $125. Check back in Spring 2020 for Class of 2021 program information.
Class of 2020 Tuition is $1,750 per participant by check or $1,950 by credit card. Applicants may secure the sponsorship of a business/organization to pay the tuition. Payment plans are available and arrangements may be made with the LSM office.
Pay for LSM LEAP Tuition