Leadership Southern Maryland’s mission is to educate and inspire a diverse group of leaders to create collaborations and partnerships that impact the community needs of Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s counties.
Have a project or issue that you don’t have the time, staff or expertise to address? Leadership Southern Maryland’s Nonprofit Connections Project may be your answer. More than 20 organizations have benefited over the past three years!
The Nonprofit Connections Project is a component of the Leadership Southern Maryland Executive Program. Participants work in 5-6 person teams to address an organizational challenge or strategic issue. This program is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience. The organization receives expertise from experienced leaders while the participants gain an understanding of a community need.
Nonprofit 501c3 or other community-based organizations will identify an issue or challenge they are facing. Class participants and organizations will work together to propose creative, sustainable solutions. Requirements to apply include:
- Must be in business or have a 501c3 status for a minimum of two years
- Serve the needs of Calvert, Charles or St. Mary’s counties
- Project timeframe must be between October 2019 and April 2020
- Project proposal submitted before August 1, 2019
Please check back for info session dates.
Guidelines & Responsibilities
All proposals will include the following:
- Organization mission or purpose
- Project Summary
- Project Goals
- Expected project outcomes
- Letter of support from organization leadership
Projects cannot request participants to solicit contributions or in-kind services on behalf of the organization.
- Once accepted, provide a short summary, mission, programs and general information for participants before August 30.
- Representative must attend the LSM Executive Program orientation on September 10th between 12:00 and 5:00 pm to discuss the project.
- Designated representative must be available for the entire period of performance. This includes the initial strategy session, tours, monthly follow-ups and any other designated meetings.
- Attend mid-point review meeting at Leadership Southern Maryland in December 2019.
- Attend final presentation at CSM Prince Frederick on May 9, 2020.
Leadership Southern Maryland Expectations
- Participants will commit to learning about the organization, providing meaningful service and working together to accomplish the project.
- Groups will provide at least 5 hours per team member of direct volunteer hours, not to include initial research and site visits of the organization.
- Groups will present a brief summary of their project (10 minutes) at Graduation on May 9, 2020.
- August 1 – RFP submission due date
- August 20 – Project Selection
- August 30 – Summary and information due
- September 10 – LSM orientation
- December – Mid-point review