Hughesville, Maryland... Read More
Leadership Southern Maryland recognizes an individual or group from our region that has mastered leadership with a track record of collaborative and inclusive leadership, service by supporting meaningful innovation in their community and region, and mentoring through the fostering of motivating professionals to elevate their potential. The Heritage Award is made annually, and on a rotating basis for Leadership, Service, and Mentoring.
Heritage Award for 2017 – Mentoring
Nominations for Leadership Southern Maryland’s Heritage Award for Mentoring was presented to John McAllister on May 5, 2017 at the Graduation L.S.M. event held at the College of Southern Maryland, Prince Frederick, Md. Watch the video about John McAllister’s contributions in Southern Maryland.
Past Recipients for the Heritage Award:
- 2012 – Excellence in Leadership – Wilson H. Parran
- 2013 – Excellence in Service – Evelyn S. Hungerford, Glen R. Ives, Harriet S. Yaffe
- 2014 – Excellence in Mentoring – Karen E. Holcomb
- 2015 – Excellence in Leadership – Noel Cervino, Christine R. Wray, James J. Xinis
- 2016 – Excellence in Service – Bernie Fowler, Jr.
- 2017 – Excellence in Mentoring – John McAllister