Click here for Detailed Position Description
Leadership Southern Maryland, the premier leadership program for the Southern Maryland region, seeks a charismatic Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for developing, executing and evolving the Southern Maryland region leadership program and engaging the membership. In conjunction with a professional facilitator, the Executive Director inspires accomplished professionals to stretch beyond their perceived limitations, develop genuine leadership qualities, gain deeper understanding of the complex issues and challenges facing our region, and ultimately motivate class participants and graduates to seek solutions to improving the quality of life in Southern Maryland.
The Executive Director manages the day-to-day affairs of the organization, facilitates the work of the Board of Directors, plans and administers programs in accordance with the stated mission, and performs in such a manner that optimal results are achieved in relation to the resources available.
Requirements of the Position: Bachelor’s degree required; Association, Organization Management, Nonprofit Management preferred. Possess a wide array of executive leadership skills and qualities to effectively interact with key constituencies, such as class members (current and past), Board and committee members, local leadership program colleagues, guest speakers, donors, and elected and appointed officials, etc. As such, the job requires both technical and leadership competencies, among them:
- Knowledge of Southern Maryland, its counties, its leaders, institutions, trends and
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or business sector and/or association management a
- Ability to successfully navigate diverse perspectives, exhibiting leadership communication skills, and interpersonal
- Vision and creativity, combined with a willingness to explore new
- Financial management expertise sufficient to successfully manage the organization’s budget.
- Fundraising to support legacy, scholarships and events, as necessary.
- Excellent communications skills, including those required for formal presentations, media relations, etc.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and crises management under pressure.
- Extremely detail oriented.
Application materials should include a cover letter, resume with three references and submitted online at: EDsearch@leadershipsomd.org. Questions may be directed to EDsearch@leadershipsomd.org. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Leadership Southern Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at : www.leadershipsomd.org
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.